Website William Simpsons
Make your move a positive one and contact us today
Support Workers (Care) – Night Shift
£9.15 per hour rising to £9.45 depending on qualifications
35 hours per week (worked as 3 x 12.5 hour shifts per week)
Are you looking to be part of something special?
William Simpsons is a vibrant, modern Care Home which positively impacts on the lives of people with mental health issues. We are looking to expand our dedicated, committed care team and welcome interest from Support Workers with experience of working within the mental health care sector.
Why William Simpsons?
· Competitive pay rates – £9.15 per hour rising to £9.45 per hour depending on qualifications
· Work 3 shifts per week from 8.30pm to 9am (day shift)
· Excellent holidays – 6 weeks per annum for Support Workers
· Extensive comprehensive training program: dedicated trainers providing quality onsite training to all staff; comprehensive online e-learning package.
· Electronic MAR system is used within the Home to assist with the safe handling of medications and topical treatments (full training is provided).
· Dine for free with quality meals provided by our excellent in house catering team.
· Uniform free environment
· Good public transport, frequent buses with bus stops directly outside our driveway entrance
· Free, onsite parking.
What qualities and skills are we looking for?
· Previous experience of working as a Support Worker (or equivalent role) within a care environment
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Although SVQ level qualifications in Care are desirable, they are not essential as staff have the opportunity to access and achieve SVQ level 3 qualifications through William Simpsons.
What are the main aspects of the role?
· Assisting Service Users with all aspects of personal care and daily living requirements through the delivery of individual planned care programmes
· Maintaining a clean, safe environment for Service Users by undertaking domestic duties
· Administration and recording of information in correlation with William Simpsons procedures and instruction from Team Leaders
· Maintaining effective communication with Service Users and Care Teams
· Safe handling and administration of topical treatments as per instruction from Team Leaders in conjunction with the eMAR medication system and the Home’s Safe Operation Procedures
· Promoting the independence and dignity of Service Users whilst enabling them to live their chosen lifestyle.
Further details of the role are provided as part of the application pack.
Interested? Then make your move a positive one and contact us today.
You must sign in to apply for this position.