Website William Simpsons
Make your move a positive one and contact us today
Are you looking to be part of something special?
Senior Support Worker – Night Shift
Respite & Day Care Centre
£10.05 per hour – 35 hours per week
William Simpsons is a vibrant, modern Care Home which positively impacts on the lives of people with mental health issues. We are looking to expand our dedicated, committed care team within our Respite and Day Care Centre and welcome interest from Senior Support Workers with experience of working within the mental health care sector.
Why William Simpsons Respite & Day Care Centre?
· Competitive pay rates – £10.05 per hour
· Work set shifts per week: Shifts start at 9.45pm and finish at 8.15am. They are worked as a two-week rotating rota where you work 2 nights in week one (with 5 days off) and 5 nights in week two (with 2 days off).
· Excellent holidays – 6 weeks per annum for Senior Support Workers
· Extensive comprehensive training program: dedicated trainers providing quality onsite training to all staff; access to SVQ level training qualifications; comprehensive online e-learning package.
· Electronic MAR system is used within the Home to assist with the safe handling of medications (full training is provided).
· Dine for free with quality meals provided by our excellent in house catering team.
· Uniform free environment
· Good public transport, frequent buses with bus stops directly outside our driveway entrance
· Free, onsite parking.
What qualities and skills are we looking for?
· Applicant must hold a current SVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent qualification in care
· Ideally applicants will have a recognised qualification in Medication but if not, they must have experience of the safe handling and administration of medication.
· Previous experience of working within a Senior Support Worker (or equivalent role) within a care environment.
· Excellent communication and organisational skills.
What are the main aspects of the role?
· Administration and recording duties in correlation with the regulatory requirements of the Care Industry.
· Maintaining effective communication with residents, relatives and care professionals.
· Safe handling and administering of medication in conjunction with the eMAR medication system and the Home’s Safe Operation Procedures.
Further details of the role are provided as part of the application pack.
Interested? Then make your move a positive one and contact us today.
You must sign in to apply for this position.