Volant Media UK Limited
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of TV presentation or anchoring, along with first class communication and journalism skills. They will be expected to present a range of output, both live and pre-recorded, and be able to confidently operate with an autocue or when ad-libbing. They should have an engaging on-air personality and be able to develop a rapport with our audiences. Additionally, they should be full of ideas and contribute actively and creatively to the editorial process. They will also have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· To present or co-present news programmes, bulletins and other news content and be able to anchor or co-anchor rolling news sequences.
· To host guest and talk shows, debates or special programming as required by the channel.
· To conduct live two-ways with guests or Iran International staff.
· To occasionally present from location or field present for big events.
· To write and present in a range of different but engaging styles to suit a variety of output needs.
· To cope confidently with live presentation, dealing with unexpected editorial issues, late production changes or technical problems.
· To maintain a deep of knowledge of both Iranian and international news and current and to stay abreast of cultural, social, artistic and sporting developments in areas that will be of interest to our audience.
· To make complex and sensitive issues accessible and comprehensible to our audience.
· To contribute to editorial meetings, offering creative, engaging and original story ideas and story coverage.
· To manage their time professionally to ensure they are properly briefed, prepared and ready for transmission.
· When on duty but not specifically allocated presenter duties, to support the production process and to and carry out any production tasks as directed by the Output or News Editors.
· To ensure they are able to edit content, cut material and make packages as required.
· To be aware of the editorial guidelines of Iran International and apply them during our live and pre-recorded output.
· To work cooperatively and harmoniously with both junior and senior colleagues.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
As a candidate for this role, you would need to have the following:
· Experience of presenting in a busy, fast-paced 24-hour TV news environment.
· An excellent on-screen presence and a welcoming personality.
· The ability to present in a range of styles depending on the content and the format of our programming.
· A clear and confident voice for broadcasting and the ability to communicate engagingly when on air.
· The ability to make complex stories easy to understand for our audience.
· Strong time-management skills
· A conscientious approach to ensuring their presenting meets the highest editorial and production standards.
· The temperament and willingness to take editorial direction and feedback from senior colleagues.
· A proven ability to come up with original and creative stories ideas and to clearly show how those ideas would work on different platforms or programmes.
· A keen interest in news and current affairs, particularly in the regions of interest to our audience and an enthusiasm to keep up-to-date with new developments.
· The ability, understanding and experience of working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
· Excellent communication skills.
· The ability to handle working in stressful environments and working under pressure to tight deadlines
· The ability to train or mentor junior presenters in the workplace would be an advantage
· An understanding of media law and the skills and experience to ensure that their presenting (either live or pre-recorded) does not breach legal or Ofcom regulations
· Excellent written and spoken Farsi
Salary: £70,000 – £140,000 commensurate with experience and skills
Advertisement Opening Date: 8th July 2020
Advertisement Closing Date: 5th August 2020