Website 33 Group
QUANTITY SURVEYING OPPORTUNITY
We have an immediate requirement for a well-qualified Quantity Surveyor to contribute to a quality, cost effective quantity surveying and estimating team within a growing building and commercial fit out company. You will need experience in both refurbishments, fit-out and new build.
We are looking for someone to join our growing business, working from our Maidstone office with occasional site visits around Kent and central London. You will be joining a well-established successful commercial team headed up by our Managing Director and will be working on a range of projects – mainly that of the new build, fit-out and refurbishment.
It is envisaged that you will be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a similar discipline however this is not essential, previous experience is the most important requirement for this role. You will need to have a good amount of Commercial / Fit out experience with a good knowledge of the new build, refurbishment and fit-out sectors.
The ideal candidate will be living in easy commuting distance of our Maidstone office.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conduct feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs
· Prepare tenders for works, including bills of quantities
· Negotiate contracts
· Ongoing cost analysis of work
· Perform risk, value management and cost control
· Advise on legal, environmental and contractual requirements
· Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risk
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Allocate work to subcontractors
· Sign off on works and ensure payments made
· Commercially astute with substantially proven experience within a commercial role in the Construction Industry.
· Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
· Understanding of programming techniques and project controls.
· Proven Management Skills.
· Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook
Accredited qualification by RICS
Good working knowledge of construction
Excellent financial management skills
Strong understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
Project values up to £5 million
Relevant industry experience
Methodical and organised
Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Ability to manage multiple projects
Attention to detail
Excellent relationship manager
You must sign in to apply for this position.