Have you got a call for an interview and also confronting confusion about what to do or how to prepare yourself for an interview? First of all don’t feel panic, stay confident as I am going to write here some guidelines that will guide you to the right path.
- Firstly, get rid of mental confusion and have the firm intention to achieve your goal. Prepare yourself at a mental level and stop thinking about your Failure. Make yourself filled with hope as you can do what you want to do. Don’t think about you will lose the job. Calmness is highly required for your mental preparation. So, keep calm and stay positive and determined.
- Secondly, in which company or firm you are going for an interview, research about that company and job. Meet with their old employees and get information about the company and their criteria. And also make sure that is company sincere to their workers? Also make sure that your qualifications, abilities, and skills meet the Job requirements.
- Thirdly, make an attractive CV resume. The resume should have an attractive outlook that encourages the interviewer to read. The resume should contain a brief summary of your experience, qualifications, and past career. Add your extra-curricular activities and professional experience as this will add plus point to your personality. Don’t forget to take extra copies of your resume.
- Fourthly, practice how to answer the interviewer. Recall the answers that they will ask about you. Practice how to talk confidently. Here is a tip that will be very useful for you, stand in the front of the mirror and make eye contact with yourself and recall your answers. You will feel more confident after doing this.
- Fifthly, if you do not know the location of the company or firm where you want to go for an interview then get the directions first. Use your GPS and Google map through these you will be guided nicely and you will arrive on time at the place of your interview.
- Sixthly, before going for an interview never ever neglect your outlook. As “Dress how you want to be addressed” so, dress properly even if you’re going to interview for a job role in a restaurant, shop or store. Your dress should be bright, neat, and clean and wrinkle-free. Dress in a way that is professionally appropriate to the position for which you are applying. Select a suit of dark colour with a shirt of light colour. Don’t select loud colours and flashy ties. Brush your teeth. If you are suffering from bad breath then don’t forget to use mouth freshener. Don’t chew bubble gum in front of the interviewer. Make a neat and clean, decent hairstyle for a shiny bright look.
- Seventhly, take a brief look on interview etiquette. When you enter the room don’t forget to close the door behind you. This will show your manners. Say greetings to them with a pleasant smile. Don’t feel nervous. Don’t sit down until they ask you. Don’t join your legs together. Listen carefully then answer the questions. Ask your questions from the interviewer.
- Lastly, Consider your body language. Don’t walk and talk tremblingly. Avoid alcohol. To get proper sleep go to bed early at night. Proper sleep will make you energetic. Don’t forget to set alarm at night. Don’t eat and smoke just before going for an interview. Best of luck.